This page has many good words of wisdom from a wide spectrum of people as well as some games and puzzles relating to the Bible and the Great News we have in Jesus.
“More people are kept from faith by the idea that the Bible was written by an ignorant lot yet to benefit from the advances of science. The accusation that the Bible represents backward thinking is, in reality, an example of backward thinking. The God-inspired writers of the Bible have always been well ahead of the scientists– a scenario that hasn’t changed from the days of Moses to the days of darwin, or even now in the 21st century.” – Mike Adams, writer for Lutherans for Life.
“Stewardship is not just about money. It’s more about giving part of your spirit to everyone you pass on the road of life. It soon becomes something you look forward to every day at each time you serve someone else; your heart begins to burn inside you and you feel like bursting out with…with something.” – member of Trinity.
“It is light that enables us to see the difference between things; and it is Christ that gives us light.” – A.W. Hare and J.C. Hare
“God uses men who are weak and feeble enough to lean on him.”
– Hudson Taylor, missionary to China
- The word “Bible” comes from Latin biblia, meaning “books”.
- The word “testament” means “covenant”.
- The Bible has 66 books.
- The Bible was the first book to be printed, in 1454.
- Miles Coverdale published the first English translation of the entire Bible in 1535.
- The Bible has been translated into over 2,000 languages.
- The longest book in the Bible is Psalms.
- The shortest book in the Bible is 2nd John.
- The longest verse in the Bible is Esther 8:9.
- The shortest verse in the Bible is John 11:35.
- The Bible was written from about 1450 BC to 100 AD.
- The OT was originally written in Hebrew.
- The NT was originally written in Greek.